Life can be busy and fitting in a weekly club swim workout may just not work for your schedule. Here's your chance to train under a coach without big changes to your daytimer. You can join the VSG at any time from Jan to June!
About the VSG
- Timeline: February through July (6 months)
- Cost: $226.00 (includes all charges)
- 6 months of swim workouts (up to 2 per week) emailed to you weekly.
- Your online questions answered weekly by the coach.
- Monthly meet ups, mostly pool with some dryland
- Stroke correction, video analysis and testing.
- Open water swim clinic
You will need to acquire some equipment to execute some drills I will prescribe:
- Kick Board: All public pools have ample supply
- Fins: While pools have some fins, finding the right size can be a crap shoot. I recommend buying your own. If you are strong kicker, the shorty style fin is your best choice. If you struggle with your kick, I recommend a mid-length fin.
- Paddles: Pools sometimes have paddles but they are usually massive. You want a paddle that is roughly the size of your hand. Here a decent one.
- Pull Buoy: While pools have an ample supply they can be smaller, older and lacking in buoyancy. If you are a strong kicker, just use the ones at the pool. If you struggle with the kick or are a male, purchase your own pull buoy and go for a big one.
Athletes have questions, that I know. I'm also aware that many of those questions are shared by others. If you have a swim-related question during the program. Please post them on our Question Page. Here I will answer each question and all participants will be able to share in the answers, thereby by learning from each other.