OTC Open Water Swim Meet
|Date:||Saturday, August 26|
|Location:||Britannia Beach Map|
|Registration:||Please RSVP on the message board|
|Cost:||Free to OTC members|
A chance to challenge yourself against the 1000m open water distance and see how fast you can go. For our competitive types, this is a race, make no mistake about it! We will crown our annual champions.
I love that it was free and love how simple it was - all I brought was shoes and a swim suit!R.H.
Whoa, that was hard! There was no time on the bike to recover from the swim. 40 minutes all out - sweet :)R.B.
How It Works
- RSVP on the message board so we know how many to expect.
- Arrive and warm up: 830am
- Pre-race Talk: 8:50
- Race Start: 9am
- Course: Multi-loop 1000m with beach start and beach finish
- Wetsuits: It will be warm but they are certainly permitted. Podium spots are for non-wetsuit only.
- There will be safety personnel on the water and beach.
Questions? Please ask them on the message board so all can share in the answer.