Member-Led* Bike Time Trials
|Date:||Saturday, May 6|
|Saturday, June 24|
|Saturday, September 23|
|Location:||Meet at Aviation Museum, back parking lot (overflow and buses)|
|Registration:||None but please RSVP on the message board thread for each event|
|Cost:||Free - Members only|
*This is not an official club event. It is run by our members. Each participant is responsible for their own safety throughout.
Time to put the rubber to the road! Learn how to push yourself hard in these short time trials of 15k. You will learn a lot about pacing, monitoring exertion levels, and you'll get a great bump to your fitness. Adrian needs at least one volunteer so, if interested, post on the message board (and, thank you!).
What a blast! I had great fun and would like to thank Adrian for his hard work and patience in setting up and timing the time trial today. Can't wait until someone organizes the next one!!!S.C.
How It Works
Notes from Adrian, lead member)
- Sign up on the Excel Spreadsheet. All I need is your name and your projected finish time. If you don't know your projected finish times, there are a couple of columns in the spreadsheet which will give you a time based on speed. Registration will close on Saturday afternoon, so that I can determine start order - no exceptions!
- On the day, you will be assigned a number. This number corresponds to your start time, e.g. #15 will be 15 minutes after stopwatch start. The first rider off (#10) will be 10 minutes after stopwatch start. Depending on numbers, riders will depart at either 30s or 1 minute intervals. Start order is slowest to fastest.
- Once the numbers are handed out, I will start the Master Stopwatch and dash over to the start line. Please get to the start and into the correct start order with time to spare. Please do not miss your start time!
- The start is a held start. I will be holding up you and your bike, so you just have to balance. There will be a 5 second countdown then I will let you go.
- The course is 7.5k out-and-back for 15k total. You head East on the Rockcliffe Parkway towards Montreal Road, turnaround and come back. The turnaround line is spray painted on the road and marked with "OBC TA". It is about 150m from the lights at Montreal Road.
- The Finish Line is right opposite the start. As you come through, shout out your number (repeatedly). I will note down your finish time off the Master Stopwatch.
- After you finish, cruise on back to the meeting point. Once the last rider is collected, I'll start doing some math to figure out times. Results will be announced in the parking lot then tabulated and posted afterwards.
Questions? Please ask them on the message board so all can share in the answer.