Tremblant Day Trip
|Date:||Sunday, May 14|
|Time:||Meet 930am. Depart on ride at 10am sharp. Beer meeting at 2pm.|
|Location:||Station Tremblant Main Parking Lot Map
Subject to change. Check the message board regularly in advance for any possible updates.
|Registration:||None but please RSVP on the message board thread for each event|
|Cost:||No cost. This is not a sanctioned OTC event but a member-led social outing.|
A great chance to test our your hard-earned winter fitness with a 40 to 90k ride on the beautiful and challenging Mt. Tremblant 70.3 bike course. This has quickly become a focus point for many of our members as we get out and enjoy our spring rides.
Getting out there and actually riding a challenging course with the support of friends has done wonders for my confidence.A.C.
How It Works
- All participants should read our group riding tips before attending.
- In advance of the trip, there will be a thread on the message board to allow members to get a head start on connecting with others of the same ability and goal set.
- Please also use the message board to organize car pooling.
- Come with all you'll need: bike, helmet, spare tube, pump, tire levers, cell phone, money, water, sunscreen, snacks, maps.
- The group will strive to have one rider in each group has previous experience on the course.
- Meet in the main Tremblant parking lot at 10am. Groups will form up and head off on the ride.
- At 2pm the group will reform at Le Diable in the village for beer and poutine (or other snacks :)
- Important: This is not a race it is a group ride. Give and take on speed so you ride together and share the experience with others. If you want to ride along, then go alone!
- Route: Here is a map of the full course. It can be separated in the following sections (approx. distances)
- Station to end Montee Ryan: 10k
- End MR to Labelle and back: 50k
- Saint Jovite Loop: 10k
- Station up Duplessis and back: 20k
Questions? Please ask them on the message board so all can share in the answer.