ORC Jabo Fofar Fall Run
|Date:||Sunday, November 19|
|Time:||9:30am run starts, please arrive at least 20 minutes early|
|Location:||P3 NCC Parking, Corkstown Road, Nepean Map|
Our friends at the Ottawa Running Club invite you out for a beautiful fall run on the Trans Canada Trail in Nepean. This is one of their Jabo Fofar events: Just A Bunch Of Friends Out For A Run. All participants are responsible for themselves at all times. There's no registration, no fee, no shirt, no bagels...nothing but a chance to run fast in a motivating and supportive environment. There will be a 5k and 10k.
Why can't all events be this laid back and fun?! The support was fantastic and my time was a personal best :)C.P.
I'm not sure which was more fun, the run or cheering on the later finishers - what a great club!D.C.
How It Works
- Car Pool: Meeting at Bridgehead at 8:30am to grab a coffee and car pool out to the run site.
- Directions: Go west on the 417 to Moodie. At the end of the exit ramp turn right. 100m later turn left onto Corkstown Rd. Head west on Corkstown for approximately 2k.
- Parking: There is an NCC parking lot adjacent to the start area which is in the underpass.
- Water and Nutrition: You must bring your own. 10k runners will be passing run HQ at the 5k mark so you can leave whatever you need there and pick it up on the way through. HQ will be manned at all times.
- Extra Clothes: Bring lots of warm clothes (ie winter jacket) to throw on post race so you can stay and cheer. They can be left at the start/finish while you run.
- The Trail: This is a wide, smooth, gravel trail which is very easy to follow. The courses are rolling.
- Turnarounds: You won't miss them! Each distance will have its own north end turnaround marked. On the south end, all will turn at Timm Rd.
- Route Map: click here
Questions? Please ask them on the message board so all can share in the answer.