Swim 1k Run 5k
|Date:||Saturday, July 22
|Time:||9am (arrive no later than 830am)|
|Location:||Britannia Beach Map|
|Registration:||Please RSVP on the message board|
|Cost:||Free to OTC members|
It's so simple when you leave the bike out of it! That's not to say it isn't hard: a 1000m swim followed by 5k run. If that sounds fairly easy to you experienced triathletes, then come try it. We chose the 1k swim and 5k run as it is close to balanced challenge, favouring neither the swimmer or the runner.
I love that it was free and love how simple it was - all I brought was shoes and a swim suit!R.H.
Whoa, that was hard! There was no time on the bike to recover from the swim. 40 minutes all out - sweet :)R.B.
How It Works
- RSVP on the message board so we know how many to expect.
- Arrive at 8:30am with your swimming gear and, if in the swimrun, running gear.
- The swimrun will start at 9am and feature a two-loop 1000m swim followed by flat, down and back, 5k run. The transition zone will be at the top of the beach.
- Note: The swim and run distances may be shortened if required due to water levels. We will endeavour to maintain a balance between the two distances.
- See the race map.
- There will be safety personnel on the water and beach.
Questions? Please ask them on the message board so all can share in the answer.