We have three group rides a year that are designed to help introduce members to fantastic local routes. Please study the information below before joining in. Find the ride details on our events page.
- While in Gatineau Parc the NCC asks that riders remain in single file. See their Safety Tips.
Before You Group Ride
- It is recommended that all riders bring with them an ICE card, listing important emergency information.
- Know your average long ride speed so groups can be formed that will stay together.
- As in any group workout, some athletes might have to sacrifice a little pace in order to enjoy the benefits of the group environment.
- Bring a tool kit, extra tube, fluid/food, and one cell phone per group
- For route planning outside of Gatineau Park, one-way/turnaround routes are recommended so distances can be varied easily.
Top 10 Group Riding Tips
Stay safe! Here is an excellent resource on the topic - click on 'Surviving a Thunderstorm'.
Please note: Individuals using the above routes do so at their own risk. The OTC takes no responsibility for the current condition or suitability of the routes.
More on cycling safety:
- Some applicable sections of the highway traffic act
- Tips by Dan Empfield
- NCC cycling page including mention of single file and groups of less than 15.